The Fort Miller Reformed Church is a member of the Reformed Church in America. The Reformed Church arose out of the great 16th century Reformation in Europe. The American church was strongly influenced by the Dutch who were early settlers in New York. The first Reformed church was organized in New York in 1628 and new churches were established up the Hudson River Valley and in other locations. Beginning in 1816 Reformed services were held in the Fort Miller Meetinghouse, our present sanctuary. A Reformed congregation was organized in 1822. Since that time, worship services have been continuously held in our sanctuary, except for a period around the Civil War.
We support many missions including:
- Food Pantries in Schuylerville, Greenwich, Fort Edward and other locations
- The Open Door Mission in Glens Falls
- The Ronald McDonald House at Albany Medical Center
- RCA missions world-wide